The organisational framework needed to establish a sustainable annual international conference of undergraduate research in Australia was developed in 2013 through a “Seed” project grant from the Australian Learning and Teaching Council (later known as the Office for Learning and Teaching. (Project 13..xxx)
- Planned and implemented the second and third Australasian Undergraduate Research Conferences at Macquarie University in September 2013 and at The Australian National University on 18th – 19th September 2014.
- Arranged for the Fourth Australasian Undergraduate Research Conference to be held at The University of Western Australia in 2015.
- They publicised the importance of this initiative by displaying undergraduate research posters in Parliament House, Canberra in 2014.
- Established the Australasian Council for Undergraduate Research (ACUR) to ensure undergraduate research conferences would be held into the future.
- Established an organisational structure for ACUR including a Chair and a Steering Group with representatives from 32 Australian universities, four New Zealand universities and 14 other organisations worldwide.
Find out more from these documents: