The mission of the Australasian Council for Undergraduate Research (ACUR) is to promote and advance the spread of undergraduate research in Australasia. Undergraduate research is defined as research or investigation conducted by tertiary level undergraduate students attending universities and colleges.
ACUR aims to realize its mission by:
- Ensuring that an Australasian Conference of Undergraduate Research is held each year in different universities on an ongoing basis;
- Promoting attendance at such events throughout Australasian higher education;
- Organising other events that promote undergraduate research;
- Promoting and supporting undergraduate research provision within universities and colleges and across the Australasian community;
- Raising the national and international profile of undergraduate research provision and achievements; and
- Liaising with other undergraduate research networks worldwide.